Monday, December 31, 2012

Face Routine

For a few months now I've been doing pretty much the same face routine - and my face loves me. I have finally found some products/ingredients that I love and love me back.

I mean I still have those times of the month where I get pimples around my mouth (I always touch my face there...) and my skin looks tired (oops, I sometimes forget to drink water and/or sleep...).

But in general I've felt so much better about my face this year. This is an update to this blog from almost two years ago now.

Thought I'd share my night and day routine with you. I linked the things I use to where I get them from in case you're interested!

Good Night!

So it's night time and I'm getting ready for bed. 
  1. I rinse my face four times with just plain ol' warmish tap water.
    Four isn't a magical number, it's just what I do.
  2. I pat my face slightly dry and then smooth on some basic lotion. I then take a textured cloth and wet it with hotter water and wipe the lotion off my face gently with it. I feel like this removes any dirt, oil or makeup the first rinse didn't get. And it just feels so good.
    *
  3. I take my witch hazel  which I have in a spritzer bottle, spray it on another smooth cloth, and wipe my face gently. This is my toner.
    Did you see the price of this? $1.29 for 100ml. So cheap. So amazing. My face loves this stuff.
  4. I put a thin layer of this night cream on.
    This stuff feels so thin, but I wake up to such a smooth and moisturized face.
* Once a month after step #2. I use this night exfoliant. It's magical and I wake up to such a smooth face! It's the smoothest and best smelling thing I put on my face.

Night night!

Good Morning!

I wake up to a nice smooth face from the night before and jump into the shower. 
  1. When in the shower I gently rinse my face with water. I can feel the night cream rinsing off.
  2. I go in the fridge and get my hemp oil and apply a thin layer to my face. My face LOVES this. It's my day "cream" and the best stuff I've found so far to moisturize my face.
  3. I have cornstarch in a spice shaker in my bathroom and I shake a little on my hands and apply it evenly on my face. This is my "cover up" or "matte powder". Works like a charm. It takes the shine away from the oil and evens out my skin.
    And no, I don't leave the house looking powdery or white. It actually rubs in nicely.
  4. I take my blush and apply two circles on my cheeks and rub it in gently.
  5. I take my eyeshadow and apply a wee bit to my eyelids.
  6. I curl my eyelashes everyday with an eyelash curler for about 10 seconds per eye. If I'm going out at night I usually wear some mascara.
Ready to go, see ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment